Volksmed School of Health & Pharmacology is the first specific dedicated School on the Scientific field of Health and Pharmacology. It educates health care personnel on Integral, Evidence Based & Preventive Health, thus avoiding in the majority of the cases both disease and surgery. The Human Body is not design to malfunction, it is the actions upon same from the individual either mental, spiritual or nutritional which concur to the formation of any acquired body malfunction or disease.
Volksmed School of Health and Pharmacology is a nonprofit, private Teaching Institution offering Academic Courses with a rigorous multidisciplinary curriculum based on a wealth of academic and clinical research. Its Registered in the United Kingdom as a Learning Provider. The School educates and trains both students and physicians, practitioners and pre-professionals in the Art, Science and Research of Health.
The School Curriculum is based in Scientific Research, Evidence-Based Clinical and Therapeutic Integral Health and Pharmacology.
With the increasingly disappointment and visible concerns on the approach of the so-called Allophatic or Heroic Medicine, which is alarmingly based on synthetic drugs, failing antibiotics and much needless surgery, the last century (the 20th Century) may well have become in many countries more of an economic industry than a health care one.
The School continues and advances the work of these former Institutions & Health Schools:
- Hygieo-Therapeutic College: operated by Dr Russel Thacker Trall, MD Founded in New York City (1853), and in New Jersey from 1869 to 1877. The College was a hydropathic institution, opposing drug-based medicine and advocating approach to health by the use of Hydrotherapy. Instruction at the College emphasized the curative powers of the internal and external uses of water, a simple diet, proper exercise, and fresh air. The school placed little reliance upon synthetic allopathic drugs of any kind. Dr John Harvey Kellogg, MD was a student at the School.
- Western Health Reform Institute: known as the Battle Creek Sanitarium and its health reform ideas taught, and brought to international prominence by the charisma and medical genius of Dr John Harvey Kellogg, MD, who developed a rational, scientific and intuitive method of health building and training, brought together in one place and under unified control, all the resources that modern medical science has developed to heal the sick and to prevent future illness by educating all persons in the methods of a healthful living.
- British College of Health: Established in 1828 at Hamilton Place, 33 Euston Road, London, England.
- Reformed Medical College of New York: Established in 1830 for for the express purpose of teaching the various branches of medical science, and the principles of the botanic or reformed system of practice. The erection of this college led to the formation of a society called the Reformed Medical Society of the United States.
- Tilden Health School and Sanitarium: At 3200 Block of West Fairview Place & Grove Street in Denver, Colorado USA (1890) by Dr. John Henry Tilden MD, who was a keen advocate against medical errors and unnecessary drugs and surgery, with the emphasis on healing oneself by means of a healthy diet and good hygiene.
- Weltmer School of Magnetic Healing & Suggestive Therapeutics: First established on the 19th of February 1897 in Nevada, Missouri. A system of suggestive treatment aiming to bring the body and mind into harmony.” One of the main fundamentals was that the mind controls and heals the body through the thoughts it forms. The school had a sanitarium and consisted of a four year program that included courses in the art of healing and the Philosophy of Health, Suggestive Therapeutics, Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathology and resulted in the degree of a Doctor of Suggestive Therapeutics (D.S.T.).
- Weger Health School: Established in 1915 at the Henry Fisher Mansion in Redlands, California. Dr Weger was a disciple of Dr Tilden.
- Davis College of Neuropathy and Ophthalmology: 154 West 23rd Street Los Angeles California, USA (1915)
- Southern Neuropathic College: Montgomery, Alabama, USA (1921)
New Health Society: Sir William Arbuthnot Lane, MD, Bt, CB, FRCS, Legion of Honour, in the early 1920s, an early advocate of dietary prevention of cancer resigned from British Medical Association and founded the New Health Society, the first organisation practicing social medicine. The teaching of the New Health Society "We Declare that Civilization has produced many diseases almost unknown among primitive races living in their natural environment. The hospitals are crowded with sufferers from tuberculosis, cancer, rheumatism, arthritis and gastro-intestinal diseases, &c., due to wrong feeding, impure food and air, and lack of hygienic knowledge. There is convincing evidence that if Men will eat natural food, adopt right habits and take sufficient' exercise, the diseases of civilization can be kept at bay. Out of 50,000,000 persons now living in these islands, at least 5,000,000 will die of cancer unless new and effective measures are adopted.
The statement of its objects made by the Society
1. To spread the knowledge of the newer discoveries of science which concern the preservation of health and the prevention of disease.
2. To teach the advantages of right food, fresh air, sunshine and exercise through the medium of newspapers, pamphlets, books, wireless and lectures.
3. To co-operate with local authorities, schools, churches, medical officers of health, trade unions, nurses' and other women's organizations, welfare centres and every other available agency.
4. To influence caterers and heads of schools, colleges and other institutions, to provide pure, natural and unspoilt food.
5. To secure improvement in the quality and supply of milk, fruit, vegetables, bread and other foods by urging the best methods of production, storage and distribution.
6. To prevent profiteering in food, and to improve and cheapen transport in order to reduce food prices.
7. To adopt every available means of preventing the contamination and adulteration of food and to promote legislation for this purpose.
Nature of Disease Institute: founded in 1929 by Professor Dr. James Eustace Radclyffe McDonagh FRCS remaining its director until 1959. Dr McDonagh was a British Surgeon at the London Lock Hospital and a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons. In 1916, he was appointed Hunterian Professor at the Royal College of Surgeons.
"As a scientist of fifty years of study and research, I come to the conclusion that the things which we have said are impossible today become possible tomorrow; the things we considered improbable today become possible tomorrow; things we considered improbable today by the professional men may be found to be curable by some other method tomorrow." - Sir Oliver Lodge
While expanding on much scientific and experimental work done in the fields of Hydrotherapy, Osteopathy, Eclectic and Anthroposophic Health. Volksmed School teaches non synthetic and non surgical Health Sciences which are agreeable with the natural body system.
The School was formed in 2014 with the aim of establishing a New Field of Health and Pharmacology Science developed based on the advancement of the Scientific Nature and Functioning Principles of High Value Medicinal Plants, Clinical Nutrition, Hydrotherapy, Osteopathy, Emunctology and the comprehension of Spiritual Phenomena. To Teach the Essential Nature of Disease, and the Modus Operandi of Remedies; and thereon to predicate a philosophy and a practice of Health which is correct in science, in harmony with all of the laws of Nature, in agreement with every structure and function of the living system, and successful when applied to the prevention or cure of disease. Thus to establish the understanding of a sophisticated health system model that considers the interaction of all aspects comprising the human condition both Body, Mind and Soul. Health is wholeness and its achieved only by a harmonious balance among the interacting aspects for the physical body, mind and soul.
There is a natural innate tendency for the physical body to regenerate and therefore to heal itself.
The School name is formed by the initials of the German language words Medizin and Volks; which translate to Health & People, thus a more Humane Health Care System.
To Further Scientific Research & Clinical Trials on the fields of Health Sciences:
1 - To establish a new model for Health Philosophy where patients cared primarily for themselves using dietary, hygienic methods and mental/spiritual aid.
2 - Conduct rigorous, Inter-Disciplinary and International Academic Collaborative Research into the efficacy, safety and costs of Integral Health.
3 - Promote out of the box thinking in the field of Health (we cannot create solutions with the same thinking which problems where created in the first place).
4 - To promote objectivity in the field of Integral Health.
5 - All our research in view to maximise benefit, and minimise risk for patients and consumers of Integral Health, and to dispel myth with the conduction and application of Evidence Based Health Trials.
The School works towards consolidating the pioneering field of natural science and spiritual wisdom to become just as useful and practical and as measurable as any other phase or science of human experience.
Thus the School aims to offer a different approach to a more Integral and Natural form of Health and to successfully prepare the best Health Care Practitioners who will be able to provide a service without the use of synthetic drugs. To prevent the lack of ethics found in some pharmaceutical companies which are interested not in the research and study in the prevention of common disease, but on the tackling of its effects instead. Thus, totally unnecessarily prolonging human suffering, which many of present body ailments can be prevented and avoided, by the use of correct and balance healthy diet.
Our aim is to Educate and regain people's knowledge of Natural Healing Methods, effectively used by previous generations, and to serve as an International Organization which wants to promote this Natural Healing Human Knowledge. Thus we intend to preserve and further the study of these Natural Methods of Healing, and to contribute to its scientific research and development.
Legal Structure of Volksmed School
Volksmed School is a nonprofit, private Teaching Institution offering Academic Courses with a rigorous multidisciplinary curriculum based on a wealth of academic and clinical research. Its Registered in the United Kingdom as a Learning Provider. The School educates and trains both students and physicians, practitioners and pre-professionals in the Art, Science and Research of Integral Health. The School is founded for the purpose of consolidating the pioneering field of natural science and spiritual wisdom to become just as useful and practical and as measurable as any other phase or science of human experience. And as such to establish an improvement of the health and well-being through education, research and general health care.
The School is governed by a Board of Trustees that appoints the president of the School, who is ultimately responsible for all academic and administrative policies as well as institutional financial management and planning.
Refer to a listing of School officers and members of the Board of Trustees.
The Most Rev. Rui Alexandre Gabirro, D.D.
Chief of Staff
Finance and Administration
Prof. Ingrid Betancourt, Phy.Ed.
Institution Relations Officer
Student Affairs & Human Resources
Professor Rui Alexandre Gabirro, Hydropath, KHTP®, GCH®, LMT®, DBR®, OM®, CA®
Professor Ingrid Betancourt, Hydropath, Phy.Ed., KHTP®, GCH®, LMT®, OM®, CA®
Board of Trustees
Volksmed School of Health & Pharmacology: Is part of the non-for-profit organization Hospitallers Order of the Good News.
Volksmed School of Health and Pharmacology is the School of Health Sciences of the Hospitallers Order of the Good News and it is fully owned by the Order.
Principle of Health
Health Care Personnel must help those in need to be in harmony physically, mentally, and spiritually. Has All Healing must be of a Positive Nature, and the willingness of the body desire for wellbeing and health at its core must be based in the willingness of the spirit.
It is an aim of Volksmed School of Health & Pharmacology to achieve University Status, in this regards the board of trustees has authorized the School to take the necessary steps to gain university status in the near future. This will allow the School Academic Curriculum to be enlarged and more in accordance with the quality of the Academic Sciences that the School offers.
The School nor its employees don't pledge, nor give any promises, and DON'T pledge nor give any guarantee of treatments.
The School and its employees don't give any medical counselling, (none of the employees of the organization is trained in medicine (allopathic), the organization has no one trained in any medical speciality, and no one is qualified in any field of so called medicine.
The Institute has nothing to do with medicine (allopathic). The organization has nothing to do with pharmaceuticals (synthetic medication).
The School works with published research information, and its aims are to apply the same findings in further research, and search and record any evidence that may result of the application of same.
Our School does not dispense medical (allophatic) advice, prescribe or diagnose medical (allophatic) illness.
Ideas and information contained throughout this website are based on years of experience on hundreds of Physicians and Health Practitioners since records have been made and preserved into the present era, including an extensive review of published and unpublished scientific data. Scientific references are linked throughout whenever practical. The information presented on this website is intended to be educational in nature and is not intended as a basis for diagnosis or treatment. The information published here is updated periodically and every attempt is made to insure that it is current at the time of posting. It is fully expected that some of this information will be contradicted from time to time by various “authorities” and “researchers” in support of their own “agendas”, different “interests” and “opinions”. This website is published and distributed for educational purposes as a courtesy to the public in general. The School does not assume responsibility for any injury and/or damage to person or property arising out of or related to any use of the material contained on this website.
Princes Court 4, 8 New Street
44 + 7405270757 (UK)
San Pedro de la Paz
413000 Concepcion, Chile
56 + 412374703 (CHILE)
School of Health & Pharmacology © VOLKSMED ® Est 2014